Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day everyone

I was looking back over the last year of my posts, and in November of last year, I had an ongoing post titled “Today, I am Thankful for”. As I was reading through the old blog, I realize how much of those things that I am still thankful for. One of the main things I am thankful for is “freedom”. Today, November 11, 2009 - Veterans Day, I would to join the rest of the country and take the time to thank all the veterans who have helped to keep our country free.

A little history about November 11th - Veterans Day and it’s beginning: In 1918, on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, the ending of World War 1 was declared, and an armistice to cease fighting was signed. This led to November 11th being declared as “Armistice Day”. Thru the years, the name was eventually changed to “Veterans Day” to honor all veterans. Today, it is still celebrated as a way to honor veterans and all military persons.

Some of the ways veterans are honored include free meals, parades, and discounts or free admission to events. Some stores run sales and offer veterans additional discounts.
In our store, Debonaire Flea Market, we are offering a 10% off purchase price discount today only for everyone. This discount is on the purchase price of the item and does not include shipping fees, and cannot be used with any other promotion. Please email us with code promo1111 to receive your discount. This sale is good November 11, 2009 only and ends at 11:59 pm EST.
Happy Veterans Day, and a big thank you to all veterans and military personnel.

No comments: