Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving - what does it mean to you?

Thanksgiving - what does that mean to you was the question that I asked my grandson a couple of days ago. As usual, his answer amazed me. He said that Thanksgiving was a time that he enjoyed spending time with family most and that he also enjoyed the good food. He also said it was a time to be thankful for everything that he has. All of this coming from the mind of a 10 year old. This started my thought process on what Thanksgiving has meant to me over the years and what traditions we have shared and passed on. When thinking about it, I discovered that his meaning of Thanksgiving was the same as mine, and it had been the same as far back as I can remember. I remember as a child going to my grandparents for Thanksgiving and being surrounded by family, some that we only saw a couple times a year. And the food was always great!! After getting married, we divided our holiday between my family and my spouse’s, but both meals were enjoyed with family and good food, and being thankful for what we had. Now that we have grandchildren (and a lot of the family members we used to celebrate with are no longer around), we still have the same traditions of good food, quality family time, and being thankful for what we have.
Hope your Thanksgiving creates new memories and brings back many great memories for you.
May your blessings be many, your sorrows be few,
and joy and happiness surround you in everything you do.
Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Debonaire Flea Market

2 comments:

papel1 said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you. Enjoyed your blog.
Judy

Debonaire Flea Market said...

Thank you very much Judy. Hope your Thanksgiving is happy, safe and memorable.